NFPA and Domino’s are teaming up for the eighth year in a row to deliver fire safety messages and pizza during Fire Prevention Week, October 4 -10, 2015. To make this year’s campaign a success once again, we’re encouraging fire departments to join forces with their local Domino’s store and implement the program in their communities.
Here’s how it works:
- Select a day and time period (usually 1-3 hours) to randomly choose 1-3 pizza orders to deliver aboard a fire engine. The participating Domino’s delivery expert will follow in his or her car with the pizza order.
- When the pizza delivery arrives at the customer’s home, the fire department will check the home for working smoke alarms. If the smoke alarms work, the customer's order is free. If the batteries are dead, the fire department will supply the customer with new batteries.
Partnering with Domino’s presents a fun and powerful way to reinforce the campaign’s fire safety messages, so we strongly encourage fire departments to get involved!
Domino’s Fire Prevention Week Sweepstakes
Fire departments that sign up between July 15 and August 1 to participate in the program will automatically be entered into Domino’s FPW Sweepstakes. Domino’s will randomly select five winners who will receive NFPA’s “Fire Prevention Week in a Box 300,” which includes:
- 1 FPW banner (super-sized 10' x 4')
- 45 FPW posters (17" x 24")
- 300 adult FPW brochures
- 300 kids FPW activity poster
- 300 FPW stickers
- 300 FPW magnets
- 300 FPW news
- 300 FPW bags
Sign Up to Participate!
If your fire department would like to participate in the NFPA and Domino’s Fire Prevention Week program, please email Dani Nicholl at email@example.com. Sign-up emails that are sent between July 15 and August 1 will be entered into the sweepstakes. The Fire Prevention Week sweepstakes winners will be drawn on August 7 and announced soon after.
This year's Fire Prevention Week theme is "Hear the Beep Where You Sleep: Every Bedroom Needs a Working Smoke Alarm." Visit www.firepreventionweek.org for a wealth of information and resources to help implement the campaign in your community.